- the types of information that we may collect from you when you access or use our Website – ismartcontrol.co.uk and other online services (collectively, our “Services”); and
- our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect through our Services and in the electronic communications sent through or in connection with our Services.
“User” or “you” or “your” refers to you, as a user of the Services. A user is someone who accesses or uses the Services for the purpose of sharing, displaying, hosting, publishing, transacting, uploading information or viewing pictures and includes other persons jointly participating in using the Services.
“Content” will include (but is not limited to) images, photos, audio, video, location data, ‘nearby places’, and all other forms of information or data.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM OUR USERS?
iSmart Control may collect and use information of and regarding its Users. We collect only data which is essential to our operations and enables us to provide you with better user experience.
We collect two types of information from and about our Users, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services and your usage details (i.e. your Internet Service Provider).
The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- Contact Information: Your contact information, such as email address and other ways of communication.
We collect this information in order to provide you with access to certain features of our Services and to inform you about relevant information concerning your use of our Services.
- Preferences: Your preferences and settings such as time zone and language;
We collect this information in order to enhance your user experience.
- Searches and other activities: The search terms you have looked up and results you selected;
We collect this information in order to improve your user experience and provide you with more relevant content and Services.
- Browsing information: How long you used our Services, which features you used, etc.;
We collect this information in order to analyse the behaviour of our users and improve our Services.
- Communications: Between you and iSmart Control support staff regarding the Services.
We collect this information in order to monitor the quality of our support staff and your communications with us.
- Information from third parties: We may collect, process and store your user ID associated with any social media account (such as your Facebook and Google account) that you use to sign into the Services or connect with or use with the Services. This could include, without limitation, any information that you have made public through a given social media account of yours.
We collect this information in order to provide you with an easier and faster access to our Services.
- Location Data: We may collect information about your location if you have instructed your mobile device or computer to send such information via the privacy settings on that mobile device or computer. We may use the location data collected to enhance your use of the Services by providing you with relevant content and contextual advertising.
HOW WE GATHER INFORMATION FROM USERS?
How we collect and store information depends on the pages you are visiting, the activities in which you elect to participate and the services provided. For example, you may be asked to provide information when you register for access to certain portions of our Website, request certain features, such as e-mail newsletters or when you make a payment. Like most Websites, iSmart Control also collects information automatically and through the use of electronic tools that may be transparent to our visitors and Users. For example, we may log the name of your Internet Service Provider.